Interviews, Reviews and Praise for Battlefield America
John Whitehead on Glenn Beck Live, Blaze TV (4/9/15)
John Whitehead debuts his new book Battlefield America on Glenn Beck Live.
The Glenn Beck Radio: Battlefield America w/ John Whitehead (4/23/15)
Coast to Coast AM: Police State (4/21/15)
In the first half, constitutional attorney and president of The Rutherford Institute, John Whitehead, talked about the rise of the police state in the United States. America has become plagued by bureaucracy, secrecy, perpetual wars, militarization, and surveillance, he declared. Essentially, we’ve become a nation of suspects, and the citizenry has very little recourse against any kind of action by the police, he said. By “police” he includes various kinds of law enforcement such as Homeland Security and FBI agents, who have SWAT teams, and use hollow point bullets (which explode on contact).
Thom Hartmann: The Secret War on ‘We the People’?
Thom Hartmann debates John W. Whitehead, Constitutional attorney / President -The Rutherford Institute & author of the new book, Battlefield America: The War on the American People
Paul Craig Roberts: “Can Evil Be Defeated?”
“Whitehead in his book, A Government of Wolves (2013) and in his just released Battlefield America (2015) shows how quickly and thoroughly the police state has taken root. We live in an electronic concentration camp. We are addicted to images on screens that disinform and propagandize us to accept and even welcome the police state activities that have destroyed our autonomy, privacy, and independence. I write many columns on this subject. The advantage of a book is that it all comes together under one cover, and that is what Whitehead has done in Battlefield America.”
PW LitCast: A Conversation with John W. Whitehead (3/30/15)
Examiner: “Battlefield America: Government’s boot in your face” by Kenric Ward (2/15/15)
The ACLU has nothing on John Whitehead. The Charlottesville, Va.-based civil libertarian speaks bluntly about America’s rising police state, without lugging around politically correct baggage. Whitehead’s new book — “Battlefield America: The War on the American People” – follows his 2013 work: “A Government of Wolves.” Both are must-reads for anyone wanting to know what our elected leaders and law-enforcement agencies are up to… At 278 pages (plus 43 pages of detailed notes), Whitehead’s book is highly readable, thoroughly sourced and full of frightening examples of America’s metastasizing police state – from local cops to dark-ops federal agencies. None of this is over-the-top, tinfoil hat stuff. The truth is out here, and in this book. Viewers of “Homeland” and soporific franchises like “NCIS” get only a Hollywood-styled version of what’s happening in the post-9/11 era. Whitehead, who reminds us of the prescient Aldous Huxley in calling TV “the great pacifier,” has the goods to characterize America as a battlefield – where U.S. citizens are herded and prodded like POWs in a not-so-subtle war waged against them by their “public servants.”
Praise for Battlefield America
- Just like acknowledging the nature of the problem is the first step in an individual’s recovery from alcoholism, acknowledging the fascist nature of modern America is a necessary step toward restoring American liberty. Battlefield America does not turn away from naming the true nature of the American regime. Mr. Whitehead draws comparisons not just from history but from dystopian fiction to illustrate how America has lost its way. The very fact that books like this can still be written and published shows that we have not lost all our freedoms. John Whitehead’s work should motivate us all to redouble our efforts to reclaim our freedoms.—Dr. Ron Paul, 12-term U.S. Congressman and former presidential candidate
- The loss of personal liberty, the growth of big government, and the death of government respect for persons rarely occur overnight. It takes a fine eye and a fearless manner to discover and reveal these dangers before it is too late. No one in American today does this better than John Whitehead. In his latest magnum opus, “Battlefield America: The War on the American People”, he paints the case that Fascism is already here, liberty is already lost, we are in more danger from the government than from bomb throwers, and it is nearly too late for hope. I challenge anyone to read this book and then try to go to sleep. I found that impossible.”—Hon. Andrew P. Napolitano, Senior Judicial Analyst, Fox News Channel, Distinguished Visiting Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School
- Government surveillance, militarized police, sneak-and-peek searches, SWAT team raids, asset forfeiture schemes, overcriminalization, private prisons: these are all pressing concerns that transcend partisan politics and render the citizenry not merely suspects but criminals. Unfortunately, too many Americans have embraced the government’s call to give up some freedom in return for greater safety, only to find that in doing so, they have lost freedom without gaining safety. Constitutional attorney John W. Whitehead makes a compelling and urgent case in Battlefield America for Americans to unite under one common goal: in defense of our freedoms. The danger is clear: if the government has the power to violate one right for one person, then no right is safe for anyone. —Nadine Strossen, former president of the ACLU and constitutional law professor at New York Law School
- Once again, John W. Whitehead shows himself to be a thorough reporter, an insightful scholar and a tireless defender of the Constitution. Battlefield Americais the most penetrating, eye-opening proof to date of the imperialist government’s desecration of our constitutional personal liberties. Battlefield America is not only a warning of the danger ahead but also a detailed, systematic illustration of how a once freedom-loving nation can descend into tyranny. A must-read for anyone concerned about how to get us back on the road to becoming a self-governing republic. Citizens, journalists, activists, government officials—any and all Americans who have so little inkling about what it really means to be an American and actively safeguard our freedoms against all dangers, foreign and domestic—should take the time to become acquainted with this book. Students and teachers, especially, should make it a priority to debate and discuss this book in their classrooms.—Nat Hentoff, syndicated columnists and historian
- In his compelling book, Battlefield America, John W. Whitehead describes the danger posed to liberty and humanity itself by the control impulse of government and technology. American “Democratic Capitalism” is not liberating us; it is enslaving humanity.—Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary, US Treasury, and former Wall Street Journal columnist and editor
- “John Whitehead is freedom’s defense lawyer. He’ll never give up, and neither must we. To join John in this fight, first read his manifesto: Battlefield America. You are much needed.”—Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., author and chairman of Mises Institute